Sunday, September 1, 2019

2019 fair entries and summer fun



Bought this yarn at Nanettes gifts and yarns,a beautiful shop. The pattern is the Hurricane hat on Ravelry. Gina is the name of the yarn,100 % wool. 



My daughter took this photo,I was very happy to finally get to see the inside of this shop. Every time we go by here they were closed for a vacation,or its after hours. I bought the yarn showed above,2 skeins and a handcarved shawl  pick to wear with a shawl I wove.  There are so many things I make that dont get used,so decided to wear it soon.  Want to try weaving a ruana soon. Tried some on in T.J. Maxx's when we were on our trip to Duluth and really was motivated to try making one. Would be nice to wear something unique once in awhile.




This is Lake of the Clouds from the Escarpment  trail in the Porcupine Mts. I took 2 basketry classes there at the Porkies folk school.




Another  view  of the trail farther along.




Sunset on my way to the porkies,I drove there by myself and set up the camper the night before the classes.




Here is one of the baskets I made.  This class showed how to shape a basket without measurements or a pattern. The other class was a mixed barks basket,made from cedar,willow and birch barks.







Here is the bark basket. It was such fun to learn about using natural materials. The rim filler,a twisted cord was made from cattail leaves!





This pattern is an older one,Two color mittens in Simply  soft yarn.





Rainbow shawl, from Restful Rainbow shawl in a ball from Lion Brand. I have shared photos of this one before.




This baby blanket didn't place very well. I entered 2 similar items and put this one in the any other not listed above category. 

No comments:

Weaving tools

This scarf is made from Mandala yarn in Parrot. The color changes are too long,am not real happy with the large patches of colors. The y...