Sunday, July 21, 2019

Busy summer



 We bought a 1990 pop up camper and have been working on getting it ready and using it. We took it out one weekend in early June,but the bugs were so bad we left early.  I can set it up by myself, just need to learn how to back it up.

Have plans on taking it to the Porcupine Mts in Aug. They have a school there called the Porkies Folk School where they offer classes through the summer. Two members of my weaving guild are teaching basketry classes! Hope to stay there all weekend,as it's a two hour drive one way.  The classes are all day classes so I could do some hiking in the evenings.




Taken at the Black Creek nature sanctuary,the beach trail comes out on Lake Superior.




Crochet stitch markers I made for my oldest daughter.




This is a  necklace made for my granddaughter so she will leave her mother's stitch markers alone.




Camping in the pop up,you can see the corner of my loom sitting on the table. Still working on the brown scarf.




Travel knitting,this is the Mosaic blanket from the Purl Soho site. Hope to finish it for a fair entry.




Finished some spinning,this is roving from Camelot fibers.




Two color mittens. Yarn is Simply Soft,and its an older pattern that one of my patients an expert knitter shared with me.

No comments:

Weaving tools

This scarf is made from Mandala yarn in Parrot. The color changes are too long,am not real happy with the large patches of colors. The y...