Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Machine knit hats and a sweater

 These hats were made on my Bond knitting machine.  Red Heart classic yarn for the striped ones and Red Heart Gumdrop yarn in Cherry for the pink variagated hat.  Used a fringe twister for the ties,bought it awhile back for twisting fringes on my woven scarves and rugs.
This is a sweater for my granddaughter. She picked the yarn it is Red Heart  Super saver stripes in Neon Stripes.  Used an old Bond family sweaters pattern,and made some modifications along the way. She wanted a zipper,pockets and a hood so had to figure those out. Sewing the zipper wasn't so bad,after all!  The sleeves turned out too short,so had to unsew the seams,rip back the knitting and add on some length. She wanted a round hood,not pointy on top,so did some cut and sew,also.  It is a Christmas gift,hope she can wear it for a long time and that she is happy with it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really love the hats. You answered the question I had, whether4 ply worsted yarn would work well on the knitting machine. I'm hoping to find a similar hat pattern for my Bond ultimate sweater knitting machine.

Weaving tools

This scarf is made from Mandala yarn in Parrot. The color changes are too long,am not real happy with the large patches of colors. The y...