Saturday, November 8, 2008

Dyed Silk hanky

This is a silk hanky, ( which is made up of several silk cocoons processed into a flat, layered mat about 6" x 8") dyed with Country classic dye at Joyce's on Nov. 5th. The colors I used were fluorescent pink, pumpkin and daisy. We put plastic wrap down, laid out the silk hankies ( I layered mine, 4 altogether) and then dabbed on the color with a disposable paint brush. Rolled the whole thing up in the plastic and put in the pot to steam for 30 minutes. Next week we will be spinning the silk, so will post a picture of it finished up.

3 comments:

Dori Ann said...

Wow, your silk is beautiful! Love the colors. I haven't tried silk hankie yet, you've given me the bug! I'm going to buy a silk hankie today! I can't wait to see it spun up!

Karen said...

Hi Dori Ann,Thanks! Let me know what your opinion is on spinning silk? We plan on spinning them up tomorrow.

Eileen said...

Oooo, pretty!! You did a great job, I can't wait to see what you do with it!!

Weaving tools

This scarf is made from Mandala yarn in Parrot. The color changes are too long,am not real happy with the large patches of colors. The y...