Friday, June 27, 2008

New flower bed

This flower bed came about because it is difficult to mow around the big rock in the center, then had the idea to make a cairn, also. May improve that if I get to the lake and find some larger rocks. It was fun. Planted two dahlias and nine cannas , and only one canna is coming up so far, you can see it on the right side of the bed and the lilacs are still blooming. One of the more humorous members of our family have dubbed this the "circle of dirt" but I will post another photo when it is flourishing. Bought some petunias to put in there temporarily until something comes up, and the yellow flowers are pansies. I have added two more beds this year, due to having more time for my own yard. There is a Great Explorations garden club at the school this summer to maintain the school flower beds. Can't wait to see what the kids are doing there!

2 comments:

Lona said...

I have a "circle of dirt" in my yard, too. In the spring it is full of tulips, which then die off in early June. I need to find something to plant there each summer.

Karen said...

I bet your tulips are beautiful, they are one of my favorites, but the deer love them more.

Weaving tools

This scarf is made from Mandala yarn in Parrot. The color changes are too long,am not real happy with the large patches of colors. The y...